The World Health Organization’s (WHO) director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Friday that Europe had now become the epicenter of the COVID-19 outbreak, with more daily cases being reported than at the height of the outbreak in China, where the virus first began. He added that more than 123,000 cases had been reported, with 5,000 deaths.
Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove said that the timing of when the COVID-19 virus would peak globally was not easy to predict, however the trajectory of the coronavirus in each country would depend on how they respond and how they react to their first cases. She also said that the timing of the virus peaking in countries dealing with independent clusters would depend on how they look for the chains of transmission within the clusters.
Tedros also announced anyone could now donate to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund, saying they were originally relying on governmental donations, but now the general public can also contribute. He said this would help with co-ordination to combat the virus, purchase more medical equipment, and invest in research and development.
For more info, please go to
Subscribe to Global News Channel HERE:
Like Global News on Facebook HERE:
Follow Global News on Twitter HERE:
Follow Global News on Instagram HERE:
#Coronavirus #COVID19 #Health #GlobalNews
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Sự thật té ngửa về quạt điều hòa SAU KHI DÙNG
- Dự báo thời tiết ngày mai 24/05/2020 | Bản tin Thời tiết mới nhất | ANTG
- Thời sự hôm nay 22/5/2020 | Xe hợp đồng không phải kê khai giá cước
- giá vàng 9999 hôm nay 22/5/2020 bao nhiêu một chỉ ? | giá VÀNG SJC 9999 24K GIẢM Nhẹ Nhưng Rất Cao ?
- 21-05-20 | Coronavirus Covid 19 Recovered Patients Cases | Top 15 Countries | Visual Presentation